Staff AccounantJohn Hancock
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we’d like to hear from you.
The Manulife Investment Management Timberland and Agriculture Inc (MIMTA) invests in timberland and agricultural land for the benefit of its clients. The Client Accounting Group is responsible for the preparation of client financial reports in accordance with GAAP and the establishment, review and adherence to internal controls. Our responsibility also includes maintenance of systems and accounting records, client general ledgers, internal and external financial reporting, FASB accounting compliance, tax and REIT compliance, GIPS performance measurement compliance and cash management. We also provide customer service and support other business units on various projects.
To support all aspects of the Client Accounting Group’s operations including financial accounting, reporting, planning and analysis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and prepare cash transfers to and from our property managers on a weekly, or as needed, basis
- Coordinate payment of client expenses to internal and external recipients (CSC & legal bills)
- Upload monthly data feeds from property managers into Boston/client accounting system (Great Plains)
- Download monthly data feeds from Manulife (Lawson)
- Prepare and enter journal entries into general ledger system (allocations, land sales, deposits)
- Prepare monthly reconciliations such as bank reconciliations, accounts payable and receivable reconciliations, and depletion reconciliations
- Monitor cash activity of client bank accounts
- Support Client Accounting Group, audit and client requests as needed
- Preparation of ad-hoc reports for accountants and clients as needed
- Special projects as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree accounting or business related field, preferred
- Strong problem solving skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with current versions of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Comfortable with learning customized computer/accounting systems and familiarity with Great Plains Dynamics accounting software a plus
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task within a growing company
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
Salary to commensurate with experience
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today.
About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com .
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance , annuities , investments , 401(k) plans , and education savings plans . Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com .
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact email@example.com .