District Sales Manager, Service & Solutions
District Sales Manager, Service & SolutionsKone
Founded in 1910, our mission is to improve the flow of urban life and make our world’s cities better places to live. We are a global leader that provides elevators, escalators and automatic building doors, as well as solutions for maintenance and modernization that add value to buildings throughout their life cycle. Through our innovative solutions, we strive to make people's journeys safe, convenient and reliable. Our operations in over 60 countries around the world has helped us achieve our position as an innovation and sustainability leader with repeated recognitions by Forbes, Corporate Knights for clean capitalism and others.
At KONE, our customers come from all walks of life, and we are committed to a culture that welcomes everyone. We have the courage to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because we believe diversity drives innovation. We pride ourselves on our family-centric culture and guiding principles that serve as the foundation of who we are and how we do business. In addition to our passion for safety and innovation, our culture is strengthened by our values of care, customer, collaboration and courage which connects us closer to the customers and communities we serve and makes us a great place to work. In addition to providing competitive salaries , learning & developmental opportunities and an environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect - we also offer world-class benefits such as a matching 401K, pension plan, comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family, as well as paid holidays and paid time off.
We are looking for a District Service Sales Manager for our New England and New York Metro Districts who would be responsible for the development of our service business sales and would drive an outside-in customer service mindset to meet our customers’ needs . You will ensure the profitable growth of the business and r einforce KONE’s solution selling methodology / drive implementation of KONE sales initiatives.
- Help organize and lead KONE participation in trade shows and trade organizations.
- Ensures development of customer relationships, profitability, customer loyalty and satisfaction where needed.
- Identifies and builds relationships to key decision makers, potential new targets, and influencers through proactive engagement and solution selling.
- Responsible for the collaboration with the District Vice President and sales staff to development and achieve the District order budget, utilizing KONE business processes.
- Provides direction and support to the business in executing corporate objectives/initiatives (i.e. KPI's, orders growth, product mix, market pricing, etc ).
- Introduce, implement, practice and manage KONE policies, procedures and sales KPI's within assigned districts/territory.
- Participates in market and customer analysis to ensure quality of sales planning
- Accountable for leading the Sell process including CRM data quality of contacts, customers, influencers, opportunity management, and won and lost reporting
- Accountable for ensuring results within orders, contracts, profitability and market price development
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Supports General Managers and Sales Managers in coaching of the sales teams to be proactive with customers, to use KONE solution selling methodology and to communicate the value of KONE solutions to customers’ own performance
- Coaches the team members to achieve better results through constant one to one dialogue and sharing of best practices, coaching KONE’s solution selling methodology.
- 7+ years solution selling and account management experience, preferably in service or product sales.
- 4-year degree preferred or equivalent work experience within a comparable industry.
Specific Skills, Knowledge & Behavior:
- Comprehensive understanding of KONE’s processes, procedures, policies contracts and solution offerings.
- Understanding of consultative selling principles.
- Sales acumen: understands selling cycle, customer’s purchasing strategies, selling, negotiating, reporting and funnel management.
- Digital assertiveness: comfortable and excited about the opportunities digital solutions brings
- Demonstrated ability at leading and sponsoring change.
- Ability to conduct financial analysis for the purpose of making sound business decisions.
- Ability to motivate people to attain their maximum potential.
- Ability to develop and foster teamwork.
- Effective oral, written and presentation skills.
- Strong persuasive skills.
- Ability to build positive rapport with others.
- Able to manage multiple concurrent tasks through effective organization and time management.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At KONE, we are focused on creating an innovative and collaborative working culture where we value the contribution of each individual. Employee engagement is a key focus area for us and we encourage participation and the sharing of information and ideas. Sustainability is an integral part of our culture and the daily practice. We follow ethical business practices and we seek to develop a culture of working together where co-workers trust and respect each other and good performance is recognized. In being a great place to work, we are proud to offer a range of experiences and opportunities that will help you to achieve your career and personal goals and enable you to live a healthy and balanced life.
Read more on www.kone.com/careers