Retail Data Collector SAS
Retail Data Collector SASSAS Retail Services
Boston, MA 02128
We are SAS Retail Services: the nation’s leader in grocery merchandising. Our associates play a pivotal role in providing a superb visual experience for our customers. You simply don’t learn merchandising with SAS Retail Services. You learn THE ART OF MERCHANDISING. With thorough training on plan-o-gram interpretation, our candidates help produce visual masterpieces within grocery stores. Our associates take great pride in their work, and we want to invite experienced and inexperienced candidates for this unique opportunity.
We notice your hard work, and we take great pride in promoting from within. Associates who knew nothing about merchandising have gone onto meaningful and lucrative positions within SAS Retail Services, including international careers. Come learn the art of merchandising with SAS Retail Services.
We are currently looking for a RETAIL DATA COLLECTOR for our Robotics Program.
The Retail Data Collector will be responsible for obtaining store level data to improve the efficiency of inventory and shelf space management.
- Looking for dependable, self-motivated, quick learners that work well in a team and independently.
- RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION: working in multiple locations is a requirement
Why should you join the SAS Retail Services family?
- Monday-Friday: Day shift and Night Shift Available: 32-40 hours/week
- Handy with technology: capture images, take photos of in store sets using new image technology
- Virtual Training and shoulder to shoulder training provided, along with real-time support
- Primary Devices Used: Smartphones (Android, I-Phone).
- 32-40 hours/week
- $200 hiring bonus: Paid out in increments of $100 over 60 days
- $200 referral bonus: Paid out in increments of $100 over 60 days
- Benefits Available (Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Career Growth and Advancement Possible
- Access to Reliable Transportation: Most candidates are scheduled within a 30 mile radius of their homes.
The Retail Data Collector position will work with Company's management, finance, and clients through the use of a proprietary software system.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect and record inventory data of present SKUs utilizing a handheld device
- Perform in-store and out-of-store sampling to evaluate perceived quality of assigned products
- Plan and schedule store routing to complete all client objectives within a given time period
- Maintain consistent communication with Retail Supervisor and other retail personnel
- Perform additional duties as assigned
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
- 0-2 years of experience in data collection. Previous experience in CPG preferred
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter according to changes in projects or business environment and able to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting from one to another with frequent interruptions and competing deadlines
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Engage in physical activity including but not limited to, lift and/or push up to 25 pounds, stand, stoop, kneel, stretch and bend for long periods of time
- Basic computer skills and Internet usage
Field / Administrative Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office, field, retail store, or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.